Monday, December 13, 2004

Vampiric Qualities

Working overnights never seemed weird until last night/this morning. Up until now I've gone into work when it is dark outside, and left when it was still dark outside. This morning (about 3AM) one of my co-workers had the great idea of "Hey, let's get breakfast after work!". I was hesistant to do so as it meant I was probably going to lose a nice 2 hours of sleepytime. However, their persistant chants of "Pancakes and Skillets!" ensured that all three of us were at the mercy of Village Inn come 7AM. Village Inn isn't a terrible thing all by itself. I happened to enjoy their blueberry pancakes very much in high school, especially after a long night of watching B-movies and drinking the Beast (Natural Light, official beer of Bishop Carroll High School). However, this morning I decided to go with the biscuits and gravy. Normally biscuits and gravy are a safe choice, but today my safe choice decided to burn a hole through my small intestine. I don't know if it was the gravy that did this, as it was very bad, or the fact that I drank an entire pot of workplace coffee/sludge. Either way, it wasn't a good experience. I will probably end up doing this again next Monday morning as I am doomed to cycle through mistakes in life. JJ and Kev both agree that the person that makes it there last will pay for the food next time. I have the following factors against me:
  1. I drive like a grandma.
  2. My car is slower than theirs.
  3. Because I drive like a grandma, my insurance premiums are almost lower than my parents. If I start driving like an asshole now, my premiums will shoot up. $15 for breakfast vs. $XXX for premium increases isn't much of a choice.
This post is lame. Chances are I'll come back and edit this so I sound a little less nerdy and a lot more normal. For now, I'm just going to post this picture to distract my viewer(s) while I think of something cool to say.




I'm such a dork Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home