Sunday, January 02, 2005

The Day After Yesterday OR In My Box of Carpeted Sorrow

Anyone who has seen or read "Sideways" will appreciate how utterly lame and unoriginal this title is. Today is basically a repeat of yesterday, aka the most second most boring work day of the year. Those of you who only wish they had the "Office Space" zen job of doing nothing, have absolutely no idea of what a curse that is. Okay, I'm bullshitting you. Most of the time it's perfectly okay.

I've managed to keep myself somewhat busy this evening listening to cd's and reading my new book. My new book ("Microserfs" by Douglas Coupland) is awesome, but I've already gone through most of the cd's that I've brought with me today. This leaves me with our group's mp3 collection, cleverly hidden on the storage array we refer to as "The BIG I-pod". Browsing through the literally thousands of albums on this thing is sometimes a scary task. Normally, one should choose to remain in the dark about co-workers' lack of musical taste, but I'm going to enlighten you anyways. Here are a few complaints I have about the contents of the BIG I-pod:
  • Folder upon folders of pop flunkies like Sum-41 and Chingy
  • Lame audiobooks (Left Behind Series, Bill O'Reilly tells a few more lies)
  • Barry Fucking Manilow
  • Some weird folder naming flame-war involving 70's rock group "Rush". We've got empty folders named "Rush is yer daddy" and it's witty retort "Rush molesests Colies" (horrible mispellings intact for authenticity's sake).
  • Folders of mp3's I would LIKE to listen to, but are sadly empty (I won't forgive whoever deleted Beck-- Mutations).
I'm going to stop this post now for the moot reason that I don't want my blog to sound like I am drifting deeper towards insanity with each new post.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Columbia Carpenters said...

Hello nice postt

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home