Saturday, January 08, 2005

Bottles and Cans; Just Clap Your Hands

Well, I wish I could say I enjoyed this little non-voluntary 3 day sabbatical from blogging, but it's been lame. Wichita (redneck pronunciation: wi-cheetah) was hit by a pretty nice ice-storm on Tuesday that left most of the city in a blackout. With no power, my activities have been limited to:
  • growing facial hair and reading about SAS survival tactics
  • spooning (for warmth) with brother
  • drinking
  • taking photos of ice coated trees (after drinking)
  • wrestling bears, although it might have been a really big racoon
Power even went out at my workplace. Our entire international support group was reduced to a webmail account and a Call Notes box. I ended up going to Jolly's house and watching Pulp Fiction for most of my shift while the disaster recovery was doing their part. All in all, it's been a fucking odd week. Pictures should be posted by tomorrow, as I'm at work now and the firewall HATES me.

1 Comments:

Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

I'm sorry you had to do all that spooning with your brother.

On a cold night in Kansas... a man will do anything to stay warm.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home