Saturday, January 29, 2005

I can speel reel good

Dear Blog:

I decided that I want to start spelling certain words the Anglo way. No more American bastardizations of words. From now on it's favOUrite, rumOUrs, colOUrs, and MOUrrissey....

Work has been REALLY dull tonight. I'm not a huge fan of third shift anyways, but I've been averaging only an hours worth of actual work per shift. That leaves a good 8 hours of watching TV, scouring the net for new bands, and reading. It all sounds fine at first, but the lack of a need for motivation and the lack of social interaction is starting to drag me down. My new boss e-mailed me today looking to learn the schedule and perhaps shuffle it around. Maybe I'll get lucky and get moved, who knows. Maybe I'll be able to use some actual job skills as well. I didn't go to college to watch episodes of "24" all night. To remedy my situation a bit, I'm taking another trip up to Kansas City on my days off this upcoming week. I've got an appointment with the good doctor (my best friend Aaron, who is consequently a doctor) to drink a few beers and paint the town yellow. A good time to be had by all.

P.S. The Dears -- No City Left Behind is a pretty good album. It reminds me of old Smith's records.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

MORRISSEY!! THE SMITHS!!

I am immediately a sucker for bloggers whom I know have good music taste.

The Autumns are opening for The Dears on their European tour (going on right now). You should check them out. They are beautiful and darling.

P.S. Didn't you used to be "Goodbye Blue Mondays"? I am only asking because Goodbye Blue Monday is a fantastic band and I was wondering if it was a reference to them.

(As you can tell, I'm a huge music freak. Well, I myself am not huge, unless you call 5'2" huge, but... you get the point. Also, I have to mention that I actually don't like the Arcade Fire as much as most people do. I think they've been overly hyped up.)

5:00 AM  
Blogger Brent said...

Yeah, Goodbye Blue Mondays is me. It's actually a reference to Vonnegut's "Breakfast of Champions". Goodbye Blue Mondays is something they used to paint on bombs in WWII.

As for Arcade Fire, yeah they are really overhyped, but I still likes it.

5:03 AM  
Blogger BQ said...

Fill in the blanks: You work at ___________ doing ____________ and you ______ it.

(I'm not clever enough to figure out what you do for work- except watch 24, that is- and any company that communicates via Post-It Notes has to either be an okay work place or a disorganized hellhole)

Thank you for helping me out.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

I work at LSI in international product support. Since I work the graveyard support shift, I'm mostly supporting Europe and Asia, although occasionally the CIA and FBI will call in with a huge disaster they created.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home