Friday, October 14, 2005

See the lonely boy, out on the weekend, trying to make it pay...

Another week has gone by and I'm happy it's gone. If nothing else, because this load of work-related crapola can be staved off until Monday. At least I'm getting paid my new and improved salary even though I haven't moved into my new position yet. Right now they have me busy training my future replacements to fill my shoes as lazy co-workers. It's rigorous training, partially involving showing them where all the dvd-rips and mp3 files are hidden on the network. I'm sure they'll make me proud.

This weekend is a particularly busy one from me. Tonight I'm supposed to meet some of my co-workers at a local bar for a few, then truck over to the other side of town to go to a meat-market club with my sister and roommate. This is typically not my scene. Bad luck has befallen meat this club, for example:
1) Being hit on by a Chinese transvestite in yellow spandex.
2) Witnessing a bar dangerously creaking from a portly woman doing her best Cowboy Oooogly impression.
3) Having a friend get a piece of glass stuck in her foot.

It's just not really my scene. Next weekend however, Drew should have the poker table he was building surfaced, so I look forward to losing my money to co-workers.


Link of the day: Rock and Roll Confidential's Hall of Douchebags
(I especially like the logo for the band "Disputed")

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up with this place? The "meat market," as it's so affectionately know. Can't wait to hear what might happen next! Man, you're gonna give up a chinese trannie for poker? I think you need to get your priorities straight. Kids these days...

4:42 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Yikes! The Hall of Douchebags. I'm in about half of those pictures. The brick walls, the railroad tracks. My God... I'm a douchebag!

10:49 PM  
Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

The Hall of Douchbags is amazing. If I ever form a band, I'll have to remeber not to take pictures of it.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

The Namblaphonics are going to hear from my lawyers. We take copyright infringement very seriously. I didn't take 18 years of forced accordion lessons just to have it all stolen from me by some johnny-come-latelies.

Also: I met another real-live Kansan this weekend. He's a relative by marriage and he's in the Navy. From Kansas. In the Navy. Nope, still doesn't make sense.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home