Monday, April 18, 2005

Extremites and such

WSOCTV.com - Irresistible Headlines - Christian T-Shirts Carry Extreme Messages

Christ in a dumptruck. When I saw this link on Fark.com, somehow I knew my lovely state would be involved in this. You see, in our state we have more Exxxxtttttttrreeeeme Christians that other red states, or at least that's my theory. Need some examples?

1. Fred "God Hates Gays" Phelps
2. Six Flags Over Jesus - It seems local churches here are all trying to one-up each other on who can build the largest solid gold cross. Already, most of these can be seen from outer space.
3. Senator Sam Brownback (see linked article for a multitude of reasons)
4. Anti-evolutionaries are right in my backyard

I'm usually not one to banter on about religion, because I think it should be a personal matter as opposed to the public spectacle it becomes. However, this religious right horse and pony show has amassed one gigantic pile of dung in the past few years. What would Blog-Jesus do?

8 Comments:

Blogger Pops said...

What would Blog Jesus do? Swear for a cheap laugh. Maybe throw in a reference to "liquid shit".

Wow, that's actually a pretty easy question to answer. I didn't even need to get a WWBJD? bracelet made to help me out.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

Merchandising? Please don't instill any marketing ideas into Blog Jesus.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WWJD? Not shop at this godforsaken store, that's what.

3:48 PM  
Blogger BQ said...

I wish I could say you could become a religious refugee in Washington, but it's bad here, too, even for a blue state.

10:52 PM  
Blogger PC said...

Not sure how I got here, a series of “blogs I read” links from a regular read I guess. But, I had to stop when I saw your title.

Yea, extremists suck, so, what do you do if you have a friend who’s clearly turning into one?

11:06 PM  
Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

Yea, extremists suck, so, what do you do if you have a friend who’s clearly turning into one?

Cut their head of with a chainsaw.. it's the only way to stop them from multiplying. When the cops come to your house.. just tell them 'Blog Jesus' made you do it.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Brent said...

You'll have to excuse James. He must have put too much sugar on his Wheaties this morning. He does have a point though, once someone goes exxxxxtttreeeeme on you, they typically don't listen to reason.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, in Alabama we have lots of extremists. We have snake handlers. We have so many homeschoolers that we have homeschoolers who are too Christian for the Christian schools, and we have PAGAN homeschoolers because they think the *public* schools are too Christian. But yes, having Fred Phelps pretty much takes the cake. We can't say that in Alabama. My husband watched the Nightline about him and said that one of the gay kid's church members yelled to Phelps, "we don't care if he's a faggot, he's our faggot and we love him!" Gotta love Kansas. Oh, and you have Lutheran serial killers, too.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home