Sunday, April 10, 2005

My Endless Numbered Days

It's 11:58 on a Sunday night...

And I still owe MPH a few freebie promotions, so
visit Heightened Thoughts or I'll kill your dog.

Some of you faithful bloggers have wondered why I haven't been posting constantly lately and/or been stalking your blogs as I would have liked to. The reason as some of you may have guessed, is that real life has kicked me in the nards. I was down for the count, but the throbbing has ceased and my breathing has returned to normal. Credit for the above analogy goes to a cheap bottle of wine (austrailian pesticide.. yummy) that is perusing my bloodstream thanks to another round of the "Deadwood drinking game". Speaking of which, tonight's episode had lots of "interesting" plot twists. Ask Pops about Bullock's horse for more details.

The largest reason I haven't been posting so much, is my employer thinks that I am a beast of burden, one in the process of being driven to death in order to cross the desert of lost profits.

The other is social obligations now that my chiro-friend is settled in. I went to have drinks with him, his gf, his sister, and some of her friends/co-workers last night. Being the new one in that social circle, I pretty much got to sit back and drink beer while watching my friend be obnoxiously cute and affectionate with his gf. If I had to make up an adjective for the situation, it would be vomitous. He seems determined to hook me up with someone this upcoming summer, but I kind of wonder about his taste sometimes. I think he would hook me up with Sandy from Grease, pre-makeover, when I would probably be more suited to Sandy from Grease post-black leather makeover. The main reason for this being, that when I'm stuck around "goody goodies" I tend to reflect on my own faults and imperfections as a citizen of this fine state. In some social circles, believe it or not, being a sardonic dirty-minded foul-mouthed culture-geek is not an asset. All in all though, the weekend was a bust. Thankfully one of my favorite local cover bands is playing next weekend, and my usual crew will be available to watch me sing along to a happening cover of "Brass Monkey". You know you are jealous.

Oh, and if you can guess which album my post-title is a play of, MPH said he'd buy you a Nissan Sentra.


Olivia Newton John is hotttchachacha~

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duh. It's Iron & Wine, Our Endless Numbered Days.

BTW, Iron & Wine is such a ridiculous name. I find it hard to take them seriously. Reminds me of the cock-rock days of Crimson Glory. Ugh. But I do like the music.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Pops said...

No no no, I haven't seen this week's Deadwood yet. It's sitting on my DVR waiting to induce head-scratching and frustration. So until then, lalalalalalalala I can't hear you.

You should totally come out to California. It wouldn't matter what you did or said, as soon as people found out you were from Kansas they'd treat you like you were a half-retarded rube. The girls would fawn and ogle and you could drool on yourself and they'd think it was "cute". Be like the President: play the Low Expectations Game. It got him the most powerful job in the world, it could at least get you laid.

(Disclaimer: the above paragraph is in no way to be construed as an invitation to stay at my house. No room, no room. And uh... we have rats. Big HUGE rats. Bite your face off when you're sleeping.)

9:48 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Vomitous has long been one of my favorite words, so thank you, Brent, for using it in the funny vein it was meant. I also haven't seen Deadwood yet but plan to watch it tonight.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably good to have more going on in your "actual" life than in your "virtual" one, dontcha think? I've only tried to set up people together ONCE in my life and that was enough--needless to say, it didn't work out and I've vowed never to do it again. Your friend should rethink his plans for you...

12:36 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Iron & Wine, quite obviously. I promise I didn't read any of the previous comments to find that out. Iron & Wine's new EP, Woman King, is out, by the way. A bit of a departure, but still good.

Out of curiosity, are guys bothered by their male friends being affectionate with girlfriends out of jealousy? I ask this only because that annoyance seems to disappear once the guy is no longer single.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

Not in my case. I'm fine with all my other friends and their girlfriends, but when the baby talk back and forth starts, I feel like busting out the "cluebat"

12:22 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Olivia Newton-John? Isn't it great how the movies make it possible - even likely - for us to have the hots for someone who is older than your grandmother? I always think I'd do Rita Hayworth in a heartbeat, then I remember she'd be 87, if she were even alive, which she's not.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MPH, you're truly disturbed--how could you even think of going where John Tesh has been? She probably has Tesh-stink all over her. Yeebies.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MPH, my family will not fit in a Sentra anyway. I guess I've learned my lesson about being the first commenter on a post where MPH has promised a Nissan Sentra.

11:47 PM  
Blogger BQ said...

Oh come on, being kicked in the nads can't be that painful.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home