Wednesday, April 06, 2005

We can play a Stones song, sitting on a fence.....

.....And it'll sound pretty good, til I forget how it ends

My chiroprachter buddy moved back into town last week in order to start up his practice here. Last night he stopped by to sit on my porch and drink beer with me, just like in our college days, and our pre-college days. Come to think of it, most of our post college days are spent like that as well. Anyways it was nice to be able to confide in a friend again, instead of being the constant confidant and/or Wingman. I got the whole "things are going to look up for you" speech, which I would like to believe. In any case, it's nice to be reassured sometimes.

I also find myself watching an abundance of movies lately that involve an "everyman" type character. I watch "Ghostworld" for the umpteenth time last night (which in a way freaks me out, as my ex has always looked clost to identical to Scarlett Johansen in that movie). I really dig Steve Buscemi in that flick. Today I bought "Sideways" and just finished watching it again about an hour ago. I enjoyed that flick ironically, with a glass of cheap boozer wine from Australia. If I were ever to design a wine bottle, it would look like a brown paper sack.

Oh, and everyone needs to visit the blog a few people lovingly refer to as "Heightened Thoughts". Not because I angered the "Blog Jesus" and am punished to refer to "Heightened Thoughts" all week, but because it will make a stark difference in your life.

Stay tuned tomorrow, when I shamelessly promote a certain persons blog(s) and talk about his Daniel Baldwin fetish. It will be hottttttttttttttttttttttttq (extra t's and silent q for added emphasis).

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ghostworld is wonderful. It broke my heart in a way similar to Mystic River and Eternal Sunshine.

Scruuw: I love the Alec Baldwin SNL skits, too, and The Continental is profoundly hilarious.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

I'm just sittin' on a fence
You can say I got no sense
Trying to make up my mind
Really is too horrifying
So I'm sittin on a fence

Fuck the ending...

10:09 AM  
Blogger Pops said...

I'm not sure but it sounds like you're saying your blog-pals aren't adequate and you need "real life" people to for actual usefully reciprocal human bonds.

I for one am insulted. I can cheer people up, too. I've seen Annie.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Pops said...

Er, that should read "to form actual [etc]."

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent when did you become MPH's henchman? Ah well, I hope it's a phase. Anyhoo, Ghost World's one of my all time fave movies! I just love that movie. Wow, Scarlett Johnason, huh? Dang. Well, believe it or not, things will start looking up, don't lose hope :)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

Larry- That's right... the ending can go fuck itself.

Pops- the fact you reference Annie as a way of cheering people up, freaks my shit out

Scruuw- No comment, no service

MPH- Go stalk a Baldwin

Steph- that's right.. .Scarlett Fucking Johansen.. and I'm only MPH's henchman until Monday.

6:11 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

yeah, the no posting for several days, what up, Brent? Does real life have you down?

I love Alec Baldwin on talk shows and SNL and the like. He's freaking hilarious. Plus he's smart and liberal, gotta love that.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no way in hell I'm going to Ask Blog Jesus--one blog from you is more than enough for me.

2:27 PM  
Blogger She Hulk said...

Having chiropractor friends is the best. Did you get a free adjustment after the speech?

7:19 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

hey jus droppin a line to say cool blog....a lil weird coming upon a fellow Wichitan in blogland lol

12:25 AM  
Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

Dear Blog Brent,

Are you dead?

8:13 PM  
Blogger the rpc said...

hooray for ghostworld. great shit.

daniel baldwin? is that the piece of shit from celebrity fit club, well, i know he has been in other shit, but that was his best role.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home