Wednesday, March 30, 2005

First Day of My Life

I was feeling disconnected from the world today, so I called up my friend Kandra after work to see if she would be up for some beer and conversation. I already knew the answer would be yes before I called her. Kandi is one of those people who has a perpetual exuberance for life that can only be matched by a child. She didn't even get pissed when I mentioned the sidewalk chalk drawings of rainbows on her driveway looked like the Apple Dumpling gang had a turf war She laughs at my lame jokes, listens to my complainings, and talks with enthusiasm about whatever topic springs to mind. She is a beloved friend who never ceases to remind me to enjoy life as opposed to wandering around in my own introspective nightmare.

As I got in my car to go home, the song "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes popped on my CD player. Thanks for the wake up call, Kandi.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pops said...

Yeah. Chicks are totally hot.

Not on board with the whole Bright Eyes thing. The article about him in the Onion this week was pretty funny though.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Rare are the people who connect those gaps.

Ok, that was lame. But I'm tired, so I am to be forgiven.

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone needs one of those friends. Glad you got turned around. I have only heard the Bright Eyes single "Another Travelin' Song" since they play it all over Sirius 26 LOC.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have a good friend. God knows, living in Kansas you really need them :P

1:45 PM  
Blogger the rpc said...

yeah, friends are good mm'kay. been followin your site for a bit, me likes.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, Brent...your little friend isn't by chance a Lutheran, or a church secretary, or both, is she? Because we all know what happens with any combination of Kansans, Lutherans, and church secretaries! I'm just saying you need to watch out, because it doesn't take much for your life to become a CBS movie. Sharks, locusts, Lutheran Kansan church secretaries...

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home