Friday, April 01, 2005

Vengeance is mine!!

I've never been much of one for April Fools day. Spite and malice have never been appealing as a celebratory holiday for me. That is until today. When I got to work today, my coworkers had emptied god knows how many packets of salt all over my desk. Since my desk is a nice white color anyways, I didn't even notice until I got my forearms coated like a big hairy McDonald's french fry. I suppose I should feel somewhat lucky. My co-worker AVT had everything in his cube turned upside down. I still don't know how they got his flat panel monitor to balance inverted like that. My brother had a screenshot of his desktop taken and set as his wallpaper, after they had removed all toolbars and icons from his desktop. He said he kept trying to pull up the start menu while everyone laughed at him. My prank against my co-workers was a simple yet effective one. Since we are taking Help Desk calls now, we are also processing contractor termination requests (cleaning up email accounts, NT logons, ect). I happened to make myself a nice little gmail account under the HR lady's name. Then I copied the template and email signature she used and sent in a nice termination request with everyone in my department's name on it. The look when they went to process their own termination is priceless.

In other news, last night I didn't have to pay my full bar tab once again. Only 2 of my 5 Guiness/Black & Tan's made it on the bill. Craig and his gf both swear it's because the waitress had a thing for me. I call bullshit and say it was just gross negligence on her part. History will be the judge.

I won an oil painting on e-bay today. Quite bitchin'! I'm turning into an e-bay addict.

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Oooo, ebay is addictive as hell, isn't it? And I kinda miss working in an office setting when I hear cool jokes like yours today. (like a McDonald's french fry...still laughing) I can't believe no one posted an April Fool's blog post. Damn. Perhaps they did. I should read some more of them.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Good one! Your co-workers put some serious thought into office pranks. Impressive.

I am glad I don't have an eBay account. I think if I ever got one it would be the death of my bank account and the birth of Jenn as a vinyl addict. As well as other things.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

SJ, there was an elaborate piece of blog April Fools' Day work going on at Ian McGibboney's including a horrendously frightening temporary re-design. The posts are still up there to give you the flavor of it.

Is it bad manners to pimp someone else's site in Brent's comments? Sorry Brent. The stuff you said was good too. I liked the screen-shot idea, but I have no co-workers, alas.

Maybe I'll try it on my kids. But they still fall for "I've got your nose", so...

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home