Monday, April 04, 2005

Morning has come, and she is calling me to sleep

I need to stop consuming so much caffiene in one day. It kept me up all night last night. When I finally did manage to fall asleep early this morning, I ended up having bizarre dreams again (much like the weird Top-Gun dream of last week). This time I was some type of Real Estate agent, and for some reason I couldn't find a house with a big enough doorway for Shaq to walk through.
Ironically enough, as soon as I make it to work I am filling up my coffee mug to the brim. I'm dragging ass and need that extra little boost. Caffiene is a harsh mistress...

In other weekend happenings, I've been put in awkward wingman situations all this weekend. Stuff like that makes me want to retire my "best wingman in Kansas" moniker. For once I would just like to go out for a beer without having to make special allowances for friends.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's time to hang up those wings. So, who's wingman for the best wingman in Kansas? Don't tell me there's no reciprocation. That would suck.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Dammit. I only wish caffiene would affect me. Alas.

Is it silly that I didn't know what a "wingman" or "jumping on the bomb" was until a few weeks ago? Chalk it up to me being a naive female, I guess.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been working, slowly, on limiting caffeine, since I can't sleep at night but am a zombie at times during the day, regardless of coffee/cola intake. Good luck to you.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

Hey, how come all of your dreams involve men? The Top Gun dudes, now Shaq... I'm not saying it means your gay, maybe it just means you think your friends in real life are assholes and you'd be happier with famous and/or fictional companions.

And I totally agree with what Kris said. And after you get done with the phillies, you can move on to the rangers and the diamondbacks.

I don't know what that last part means, but it's Opening Day. I got baseball fever.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Caffiene has no effect on me as well. In fact, I'll go so far to say that its effects are psychosomatic. Therefore, all you have to do is tell yourself to go to sleep, and you will.

7:53 PM  
Blogger BQ said...

I'd wager I drink way more caffiene than you. (Un)fortunately, I have just vowed to give it up for three weeks to become caffiene naive again. I'm going to miss my morning Diet Pepsi(s).

11:35 PM  
Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

become caffeine naive again.

We in the drug and alcohol industry refer to that as 'de-tox'.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home