Thursday, May 05, 2005

Chance Encounters and Other Random Topics

I'm drinking a gin and cranberry as I write this. At least I think it's gin and cranberry, when I was reaching for the bottle in the liquor cabinet, I didn't have my glasses on, so it might be rum. Anyways, so I've returned from an exciting Thursday night of watching movies with Teresa and Charles. I got to pick out the movie, and being in the weird mood I'm in, I picked out an old favorite, L.A. Story. I kind of dig the vibe of that movie, especially the chance encouters andthe whole surreality/ offbeatness of the surroundings.

We kind of got on the topic of talking about serendipity and how you will find the person for you when you least expect it. That's how I've always stumbled into relationships anyways. I'm extremely lousy at persuing relationships, so the majority of the ones I've been in have just kind of happened. Serendipity can be both a blessing and a curse, though. In the case of our friends Shane and Karey, their meeting was probably not unlike the meeting of the Keymaster and Gatekeeper of Gozer in Ghostbusters. Tragedy is just waiting to happen there.

Well, I do believe I'll be going now to have another mystery liquor and cranberry and strum the guitar a little. I think I'm progressing pretty well considering I've only been playing for a couple months. I'm finding a lot of amusement just in putting together the only chords I know (major and minor open chords) in neat little melodies and chord progressions.

I'm out like Jim West.

5 Comments:

Blogger BQ said...

Please don't watch Serendipity the movie. It's awful.

12:22 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

No Serendipity for me...I stalk and capture my prey.

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Margot's right: Serendipity is awful. But serendipity the concept is wonderful I'd noth ave met my SAM without it.

And when I was a kid, my drink of choice was whiskey and grape kool-aid. After a while, it doesn't really matter what you mix together.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Pops said...

There are other chords besides major and minor open chords?

God damn. I KNEW all those extra frets were for SOMEthing.

Skip all that other shit and just learn power chords. Be a man. Men don't have "subtlety and skill", men make loud noises and fuck groupies. Get with the program.

11:57 PM  
Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

I agree with Pop's... guys that don't play power chords don't get chicks. It's science and I would know.. because I don't play them.. and I don't get chicks.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home