Friday, October 21, 2005

Friday is Another Day

The other day I had the pleasure of being tossed into an engineering crash course at work. If nothing else, it reinforced my initial predisposition that numbers are evil and that I hate math.

Today, though, is a bit more on the quiet side. The only business being discussed in the office is the outcome of this week's football pool and who is going to lose first in the scheduled poker game tonight (which everyone seems to think will be me). However, I plan on throwing off their rhythm be yelling "A Pair of Two's! No one is that lucky you cheating son of a bitch!" at random intervals. I'm not much of a poker player, so I'll be relying on my history of eratic behavior to pull me through.

Tomorrow I was invited to hang out with my sister and roommate once again. They said that they wanted to go "dancing" which more or less entails me dodging the freaks and weirdos I usually attract while they have a good time. Depending on how I feel that morning (the seasonal changes down here are causing me some grief), I might be up for that. Otherwise, I'll sit on my ass and finish watching my Arrested Development DVD's (or my newly obtained Elvis Costello DVD) while sipping tea and miso soup. That actually sounds more enjoyable right now.


If my power-v persists, I will look just like Elvis. Only less cool and talented.

10 Comments:

Blogger Larry Jones said...

You do seem to be headed in the Elvis direction, and lest we forget, it has always been his anti-coolness that makes him cool. So you're right where you need to be.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

Oy. Is that from "The Right Spectacle"? I love (love love love) EC, but I'm not a big fan of music-plus-pictures. You'll have to do a mini-review to tell me if there's any reason worth buying it. I thought it was just videos (bleh), but if there's live stuff on it...

10:54 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Erratic behavior to the rescue!

And actually, now that you mention it, I do see the Elvis in you. Not a bad thing.

2:40 PM  
Blogger STP said...

There are worse power-v's to resemble...at least you'll have your own rascal.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Power-V--and his incredible talent for music which possibly translates well into the bedroom--did indeed land him a sexy jazz singer.

12:16 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I kinda thought you said, 'only less cool and tainted.' And that made me laugh. He does look tainted.

And oh jeeze, I've just seen Larry Jones' new photo. I'm dizzy.

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Power-V, augmented by horn-rimmed spectacles=piles of chicks. Don't forget your suit and skinny tie, though.

7:19 PM  
Blogger STP said...

BOBAGANOOSH!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

:( You need to update more. I check this thing everyday and everyday it says "Friday is another day". It's Wednesday Brent. Time to update! :) You need to tell about Ziggy Friggy too.

4:54 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

OK...Time to reel you back in.

vacation over. ;-)

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home