Monday, October 17, 2005

The Logic Escapes Me



I never noticed it before, but some of the drive-thru ATM's in town are now equipped with braille text on the keypad. Something about this really frightens me. For one, there are no instructions in braille that tell the sight-impaired user how to navigate the menus.

Which leads me to infer two things:
1) The people that thought up the braille on the numeric keypad didn't think of how the interface would really work with a blind person.

2) The Banks are encouraging the blind to pilot vehicles through drive-through ATM stalls.

I've seen "Scent of a Woman" enough times to know that letting the blind drive cars is a really bad idea.


Do not let this fictional character drive your car

3 Comments:

Blogger STP said...

He's welcome to drive my car anytime...

6:58 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

I wouldn't let that guy anywhere near me or my family. That's Shouty Pacino. Shouty Pacino is capable of anything.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've noticed that too, and it is curious! It's like having braile street signs, or something, wtf? And I see from that picture that while Al Pacino may be driving, he doesn't have the balls yet to give himself a haircut. That's why it's all long and stringy like that. Hoo-ha!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home