Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The secret word is "slather"

Dear Blog:

Well, in the past couple days my job description has undergone a few major changes that now prevents me from watching so many epidsodes of "24'" at work. Now as well as being level 2 international RAID support, I'll be getting internal help desk calls as well. This pretty much turns me into the help desk guy from the IBM commercials that are going around on the TV. Internal help desk calls are usually quite stupid. Here's an exagerration of some of the calls I'm likely to get:
  • How do I talk to girls? Because I don't know how...
  • Is this the Help Desk?
  • I can't find the Internet
  • This girl on AIM put me on her block list... how do I get around it?
  • When is E-bay coming back up?
  • What is the cafeteria serving for lunch today?
  • I am a waste paper basket of human feces
Actually questions 1 and 4 are personal problems I plan on submitting to IBM's helpdesk...

Tomorrow I'm taking a break from the internet and going to Kansas City for 2 days. I plan on eating a hell of a lot of good bbq, and slathering around in a large vat of sauce. After that me and the good Dr. will probably go hang out and drink some beer or some dego red. Then all the girls will hit on him as he is the buff handsome Dr. Meanwhile, I plan on hitting some golf balls from his patio at the bank at the bottom of the hill.

When I get back in town I've got to sign up for some guitar lessons. I found a cool teacher, and I'm ready to start at it. I plan on remaking the video from the White Stripes--Seven Nation Army when I get better. Here 's a short preview of what to expect.


...I'm going to Wichita
Far from this opera forevermore

/OUT

P.S. for those of you who were curious... Cracker Barrel is the redneck equivalent of IHOP only with much better food. The IHOP at North Rock Rd. sucks. Our waitress was muttering to herself the entire time. We hoped to leave before the voices in her head told her to kill.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, if your video has speedos in it, I'm there! It kinda reminded me of the Infinite Cat Project I got wind of yesterday. Have fun in KC!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Pops said...

Please Jesus make it stop. Now I'm going to start having nightmares where I get hit in the face with David Hasselhoff's junk. Again.

9:00 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Sweet god, DO make it stop. And Brent, your job description in your profile (lazy co-worker) is my favorite job description. Ever.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Have fun in KC...don't forget that Matt's party is Saturday night...

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home