Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Dear Help Desk

Of all my job duties, taking internal help desk calls has to be the worst. Here's a collection of my favorite beauties from this week:
5. The cell phone reception is really bad in the basement
4. Can someone come down to my cube and teach me how to use my laptop?
3. My computer is broken (no further explanation)
2. The envelope light on my phone is blinking
1. My wireless connection isn't working (when working from home where there is no wireless connection)

It's starting to get to the point to where I look to the horroscopes for guidance. The number of stars for the day turns out to be directly correlated to how many ibuprofen I will have to pop to make the throbbing headache go away.

Teresa (Kendo whatsherface on my sidebar) told me on AIM that she plans on going to the Star Wars premiere tonight dressed in her Princess Leia costume. Methinks she will be swarmed by an army of nerds with absolutely no idea how to please her.
***********************************************************************************
Rockstar Wednesday will probably be postponed this week as my car is in the shop. So the next best thing for me to do tonight is just fiddle around with the new Hamer guitar.

To answer Larry's previous question, the Hamer is a wonderful guitar. The setup and action is really nice, and the two humbuckers set up for coil splitting add a lot to the sound. The split single-coil sound is nice and bright, but not quite as bright as a Strat or Tele. Still, if you just want to tap one of the pickups to get that H-S config, it's really flexible. I'm going to take some pics of it and upload them soon.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the horror :D Hey, you got rid of your psycho profile picture--what's up?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

The psycho one was always meant to be a temp thing. The psycho one was from a terribly shitty heavy metal show I went to, and I ended up on their website in the fans section.

Besides, you can't see the pronounced "power-V" receding hairline in the psycho one.

1:44 PM  
Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

I just want to point out that the "power-v" is incredibly awesome... and if my father's hairline is any indication - I'll have one in the not too distant future.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Internal customers are always the worst. Always always always. Even worse than the snowbirds who live in Florida (used to work in tech support for a big bank, hated it).

My car is also in the shop, but I have the pleasure of driving a 2005 Camry, which I am terribly afraid of wrecking, and which I definitely don't fit into personality wise. Anyway, it's better than walking.

And I like the new picture. Nice mustard-toned background, too.

8:01 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

I'm going as Chewbacca.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

Fine, I admit it, you know more about guitars than me. But do you have any tabs or chords posted at Ultimate Guitar Tabs? I do! Ha! The strict, strict editorial board saw fit to allow my effort to be published.

OK, so if you e-mail it, they will post it, but still...

11:18 PM  
Blogger the rpc said...

i'd have to say a personal fav of mine when doing tech support is the classic, "Why is it not charging/working". Becuase its not plugged in. No easy way to break the news to a dumbass about that one.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Yes, I was surrounded by nerds who had no idea how to please me...but I loved every minute of it. I was the ONLY Princess Leia there...I stand alone in the Wichita Galaxy...

8:43 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I used to be able to do Princess Leia buns (this was before I cut two feet of hair off).

But alas, I lack the slave-bikini.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

I'm glad the guitar worked out for you. I try to imagine myself buying a guitar on line, and I can't. I would have to touch it. It's like choosing a Russian whore. Not to be taken lightly.

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just noticed that I posted I was "terribly afraid" of wrecking the rental car that someone plowed into! crazy.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home