Thursday, March 03, 2005

Fosset, Now First Person to Fly Solo Around The World

7Online.com: Fosset, Now First Person to Fly Solo Around The World

Well, Steve Fossett successfully completed his 23,000 mile flight around the world and landed safely back in Salina, KS. Having been to Salina, I would have to say if I were flying around the world, I would want to land somewhere more interesting than Salina. Last I remember, their major attractions were a McDonald's and a Super-Walmart. Of course I haven't been there in awhile, so if any Salina residents read my blog, I don't mean any offense. Your town could have spontaneously gotten cool in the year it's been since I've stopped to refuel on the way to Kansas City/Lawrence. I just highly doubt it.

Not that Wichita is any tourist gem, but at least we will get the occasional Japanese tourist who wants to see the Home Depot where BTK shopped.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pops said...

Salina, hmm. Let me try to help... Salina, Salina...

Hey, does Salina mean "salty"? That's kind of interesting.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure he was beyond caring by the time he landed. I heard he subsisted only on milk shakes for 60 hours or something? And what about pee and poo? It's a valid scientific question.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ha. Thanks for commenting on "the Bens." I noticed you are a fellow Arcade Fire fan. Do you, by chance, have Sirius radio, and also, are you a Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie fan? Or do you stick with Merge folks mostly (I am a Superchunk fan from childhood, when No Pocky For Kitty came out).

5:26 PM  
Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

How bad do you think he had to piss?

On a scale from '1' to 'I just pissed myself flying solo around the world in a retarded looking airplane'.

I bet it was a 6.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

The comments about Fosset's bodily functions are making me laugh. And feel like a 5 year old child.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home