Friday, February 11, 2005

A Life More Ordinary?

Well, things are getting better for me slowly but surely. Tonight is the last night for me on the graveyard shift. I shall be a Kansas vampire no more. I'm getting bumped somewhere inbetween 1st and 2nd shift, and I'm getting my weekends back. This kind of schedule will give me some semblance of a human life that I previously just blogged about having. It also puts me in much greater visibility for further promotions as I can now schmooz the management while they are still at the office. Not that I'm very good at schmoozing.

I got a call from one of my best friends, Craig, last night as well. Seems he is looking at buying a 2-3 bedroom condo in the museum district and he's looking to me as a potential roommate. This would satisfy my pseudo-hipster fantasy of being able to get out of bed and walk down the block to the art museum in the summer.

I also drank cheap Australian wine last night and watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind again. Good stuff.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wine, movie, or both? Haven't seen it yet, but it's on the list...one of these days. Ooh, art museum! You could probably bag some babes there :D

12:46 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Eternal Sunshine, really great flick that I want to see again as well.

I think all Australian wine is cheap, btw. Not that you care. But hey, you should care. Damn you for not caring.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

There is a city in Kansas with a "museum district"?

All your words are hereby suspect. I reject you totally.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Yeah, move in with the guy. What could be better? He holds the mortgage, and you're month-to-month. This will be even more ideal if it turns out he needs your rent. With leverage like that, you could have the master bedroom.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

No, but it's roughly $9 for a half gallon and can fuel your car for a good 20 miles before it engages in death convulsions.

Combine that with a mind-fuck movie and you've got yourself a good time.

10:27 PM  
Blogger BQ said...

I just got the soundtrack to Eternal Sunshine. It's very good :)

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home