Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A Touch of Clarity...

My brother recently inquired how he may avoid getting craploads of work as an underling. My answer: create your own imaginary underling. It's easy and fun! Just follow these easy steps:
  1. Procure a desk plate with *imaginary associate*'s name on it. Deskplates from someone who was fired from another department work wonderfully here, especially since it can take IT weeks to remove e-mail accounts from the system.
  2. Whenever you get an assignment, e-mail your boss saying that you've got another previous assignment in the works, and that *imaginary associate* will be working on this.
  3. If questioned on who is doing any particular piece of work, pin it on *imaginary associate*
  4. Continue loop of work piling until *imaginary associate* is terminated for non-attendance.
  5. Secure your place as #1 lazy co-worker.
This will only work if the following criteria are in play:
  • Your boss has his head up his ass
  • Your department has plenty of disposable workers
  • IT doesn't actually do it's job
Also in response to the question of "Is Constantine any good", I would have to reply that it's in the same camp as DareDevil, Elektra, and Fantastic Four. I so hoped it would be as quality as the good comic movies that MPH mentioned, but it so isn't.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

I wish I could have an imaginary associate! *pouts*

4:13 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Poor IT. I think only HR is the alphabetic department more griped about.

(I've linked you, Brett. Just letting you know that I am now also pretending to like you.)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

I've work in IT, and can tell you some of that gripe is deserved.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home