Thursday, February 24, 2005

A New Hero for A New Era

Angle Grinder Man (check above link) has touched the hearts of many London parking-violators and given me hope in my secret fantasy of becoming a Super Hero. Now granted with my limited assortment of superpowers, I'm probably not going to make as much of an impact with my vigilante justice. I'll probably be more like one of the thousands of minor heroes from "the Tick" comic books. "The Cubicle Crusader" is the best name I can think of at the moment. Here's a summary of my questionable superpowers:
  • ability to scream like a cheerleader from a 70's slasher flick whenever danger rears its ugly head
  • ability to drink twice my body weight in coffee
  • unparalleled *workload dodging* instincts
  • can summon Jesus temporarily to hold Charles's car together during short car trips.
  • increased ability to resist seduction through 80's pop-diva concentration techniques
  • can go in customer-murdering berserker mode at the drop of the hat
  • Wielder of the "Clue bat" and "Panda-dog"
Maybe I can form a super hero group... some kind of Midwest expansion of the Avengers....

Anyways, please feel free to post your super hero ambitions, or just comment on my uncloseted comic book nerd-dom.

Now listening to: The Cure -- Join The Dots

6 Comments:

Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

This sounds like a good idea. I think we should really try to wrangle up some other people with crappy super powers and create a kind of 'Justice League' for losers.

My power is the ability to urinate on cars at a moments notice and I'm also pretty good at making all of those recipes on the back of a Bisquick box.

The real clincher however is my break-dancing skills. I dance so well.. you would barely know I was white.

When do we start?

2:07 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Don't forget your uncanny ability to find the most unique movies, music and flash files.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, so we're going to become an even lamer version of Mystery Men? I guess I can be The Sketcher--I can sketch really well!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm really good at being tired. If I continue staying up this late and getting up this early due to work, I'll eventually become Narcolepsy Girl! Or Insomnia Girl, I haven't decided yet.

Combined with your panda-dog weilding, James's car urinating, etc etc etc we'll be unstoppable!

What are "we" called, anyway? I refuse to join an institution of a less-than-stellar name.

4:59 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Ooo. How I miss The Tick animated series. My favorite wav file on my computer is "No one messes with Der Fleidermaus, baby."

Also, I'm extra great at cussing. I'm sure that would be useful as a superhero of some sort.

9:34 AM  
Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

BTK..

Hmm. I wonder why Brent hasn't been posting since the capture of BTK?

What if Brent is BTK?

.. B-T-K. Hmm.

BRENT THA KILLA!!!

JESUS H!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home