Friday, March 18, 2005

There are no times that don't have moments like these.

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. It was fairly uneventful (had a couple beers with friends), but there are still a few things I wish to comment on regarding the occasion. What the fuck is up with green coloured beer?!?! I simply don't understand why everyone gets a little excited when somebody adds a few green dye drops to an otherwise typical pint of beer. Especially when it's to the point where if I have a logically coloured beer someone is chasing me with a dye bottle to give it that green festive glow. Only I don't give a crap about being festive. If it doesn't add anything to the flavour, texture, ect., I don't want any. Besides, what if there are roofies liquidated in those little green drops? I can't say I want the 5-10 second shock of wondering why my pee is glowing kryptonite green later that night/morning either. I'm pretty sure if you asked someone in a REAL irish pub for green beer, that they would take you out back and kick you in the head repeatedly.

My brother sent me a fun little quiz the other day that someone in his department made. Had I gotten the results in earlier, I could have won a limited edition Star Trek canvas of William Shatner. Here's the quiz if any want to take a crack at it:

The first person to correctly identify the winners in each of the following battles wins a semi-decent prize...

Captain Kirk v. Gorn
Anakin Skywalker v. Obi-wan Kenobi
Spock v. Horta
Chewbaka v. Spangles Deluxe Combo
Captain Kirk v. Luke Skywalker

Stay tuned for answers later...

In other news, I've updated my "People who pretend to like me" list. If your blog was left off my list and you wish to pretend you like me, please let me know and I'll remedy that.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, quiz! Let's see, the winners are...

1. Kirk
2. Anakin
3. who the hell is Horta? Hm, I'll go with Spock
4. Chewie
5. Luke (light saber & Jedi powers trumps phaser and man-corset)

Did I win, did I win?

3:05 PM  
Blogger Brent said...

You lose at the internet!

3:51 PM  
Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

I like the Walkmen twist to your blogrolling list.. nice work.. nice work..

4:20 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

No one really gives a shit about St. Paddy's Day out here in SoCal. But at least on Cinco de Mayo we know the beer is already the same color (do I have to say "colour"?) as urine, no additives required. Except maybe the GHB, if you're so inclined.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

If I were going to slip you (or anyone) a roofie, I would not make it color the beer bright green. I'd make it colorless. That way the hapless victim would drink deeply and get fucked up.
I've never done this, you understand. I'm just saying.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Captain Kirk
Obi-wan Kenobi
Spock
IT'S CHEWBACCA NOT CHEWBAKA! *wookie roar*
Luke Skywalker

only reason I picked anything Star Trek was cause I had to...cause Star Trek is for pussies! *rocks the Han Solo T-shirt*

5:26 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Okay, it's Monday and I'm still waiting for the answers. I refuse to answer because I'm a geek on both the Trek and Wars fronts and I won't be shamed, dammit.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home