Friday, March 11, 2005

Blogger comments aren't working and it pisses me off. I would like to remain in MPH's camp and not go to HaloScan, but if this keeps up I may have no choice. You see, an important part of my work day is spent scanning blogs and commenting frequently inbetween tech-support and pre-sales calls. In fact, those of you who have site-meter probably notice I check pages with the tenacity of a stalker with a hefty food/water supply. I used to try to read books in my downtime, but it seems I end up reading the same paragraph over and over. Since I'm still stuck reading Seven Types of Ambiguity, it also seems I'm having to look up the same big-ass words on Dictionary.com every time also, which I attribute to Pop's-like level of ADD. Here's a list of things I've done to fill the time today as I haven't been able to comment:

  • Counted how many business related e-mails I've sent. So far I've sent over 300 e-mails this week. Shizzat, that's not even counting my personal e-mails.
  • Memorized some chord charts to prepare for my guitar lesson tomorrow.
  • Threw nerf footballs at co-workers who were minding their own business.
  • Deflected counter-attacks of nerf footballs with my head
  • E-mail co-workers about midgets in pink socks (sad but true)
  • Listened to waaaaaay too many mp3's
  • Chatted on yahoo messenger and AIM with peeps
In short, I was bored, boring, and cranky. My allergies are still making me feel miserable and I couldn't eat meat today as I'm Catholic and it's Lent time. Make that extra cranky. One thing I don't understand is how Catholic vegetarians deal with Lent. Surely for them not eating meat on Friday is no sacrifice. If I have a tofu burger on Friday, it's penance. If they eat a tofu burger on Friday, it's the day after Thursday. In fact, to sate my arrogance they should be forced to eat meat on Fridays. I wanted to eat some chicken tacos tonight and was forced to consume a veggie burrito from Chipotle instead. Now I'm doomed to a case of what Dave Chappelle lovingly refers to as "mud butt". In order to appease my nowhere near righteous sense of indignation about this, I'm going to go find a Catholic vegan tonight and force him/her to eat a bucket of the colonel's special recipe right in front of my face. Do it for Jesus....

Surely my blaspheming ways probably isn't elevating anyone's opinion of me or Catholics in general, but I read on this site that my kind conspired to assassinate Abe Lincoln too.

Oh well, I hardly ever post about religion or religious topics, so it'll be back to beer drinking and kareoke stories next week.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thank god (lowercase "g") the comments are back! OK, now that I'm here, must think of something witty to say... Um... yeah... Lent sucks.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Comments are working!Comments are working!Comments are working!Comments are working!Comments are working!Comments are working!Comments are working!Comments are working!Comments are working!Comments are working!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I had to think for a little bit about what "mud butt" could possibly mean. (I get it now. Ew.)

The idea of giving up vegan/vegetarianism for Lent reminds me of people I know who give up Lent for Lent every year.

10:13 AM  
Blogger LONGSLEEVES said...

I gave up my sobriety for lent.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's funny. I used to be very into the Lent thing, going to daily Mass, Adoration, etc. That was before I crossed over to the dark side.

6:10 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I just have to comment to say that MPH must have been searching for weeks to find that profile picture. And it's making me laugh in spite of my tendency to get irritated at anything Jesus forced upon me.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Pops said...

Ah, thanks for the Jack Chick link, Brent. Maybe it's the Catholic masochist in me, but I loves me some old timey anti-Catholic conspiracy theory.

Fucking Kennedy had to get elected president and make us all "mainstream". I've never even heard anyone call me a "mackrel snapper". Except my dad, but he's a Presyterian and they don't know any better.

Also: Catholic in California means Wahoo's Fish Tacos on Fridays during Lent. Actually, all you have to do is make the short drive to neighboring Colorado and you can enjoy it too.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home