Thursday, June 16, 2005

Pollen Makes Me the Angry Little Man I Am

Spring is now in full force here in the midwest, and I can tell as my allergies are making me quite miserable. Most of the time I'm fine if I have a Zyrtec/Claritin, but occasionally, the symptoms get so bad I start to resemble the below diagram.


I was in the middle of watching "Batman Begins" last night when the symptoms were peaking. It's during times like these that I start to go on weird thought tangents. During the whole movie I kept thinking that if I was a supervillain in the Batman universe, I would be like the polar opposite of Poison Ivy. I would kill all pollen-bearing plant life with my touch. Then it occurred to me that would be way too much like "Scorch", the arch-enemy of Kool-Aid Man back in the 80's, and you don't want to fuck with Kool-Aid Man. He's a big ass pitcher of red artificially colored justice that will bust through your wall at the most inopportune times...


The symptoms worsened this morning, as I overslept and basically went to work looking like a homeless person (see above diagram). It's nice having a job where I don't deal with people face to face sometimes.

Can't think of anything else to write at the moment. I think I shot the creative wad with the Kool-Aid Man reference.

/Out

6 Comments:

Blogger Pops said...

Is it my imagination or is that a picture of a flame-based lifeform bathing in a tub full of water?

Man. That Kool-Aid is some fucked up LSD shit.

6:53 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I think he's in a vat of acid. I love "Roast my toast." I plan to use that in a sentence before the day is over.

6:14 AM  
Blogger STP said...

Did you even braid your hair into pigtails and wear a red sweat/headband to the office too? I'll have to pick you up some matching wrist bands to complete your ensemble!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he did the braids, he'd have had to glue them on to the sideso f his head. So chances are he just used the sweatband.

10:51 AM  
Blogger BQ said...

allergies make you look like willie nelson? man, i wish i could have allergies.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I'm with margot--I was like, wow, so a headband and braids is also a symptom of allergies? Dang, get thee to a Farm Aid stat! And I love the Kool Aid Man, just thought I'd let you know. I hate the drink, but I just love the character.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home