Thursday, June 30, 2005

Rockstar Wednesday was yesterday.... but the spirit lives on

I totally neglected Rockstar Wednesday yesterday in order to get more of my many odds and ends packed away for the move this weekend. In general the packing is going along pretty smoothly. I'm such a sap, though. I've got one entire box that is entirely composed of letters and presents that ex-girlfriends have given me over the years. I've never been able to bring myself to get rid of a single trinket. Not that I like to go through things like that regularly and wax nostalgic, but I just don't feel right discarding something that meant so much when it was given. Now it's in a big taped up box marked "Keepsakes", fully ready to be put into deep storage in my new basement. Le Sigh...

Okay, now that the "touchy feely" moment is over, I can get down to business. While browsing Craigslist today I found a link to possibly the coolest concept cover band ever, Metallagher. That's right, a Metallica cover band fronted by a Gallagher impersonator. Sounds like Metallica.... Looks like TRUTH. The link to their MySpace page can be found here.


Who doesn't want to be splattered in the face with Watermelon during the guitar solo from "Master of Puppets"?

12 Comments:

Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, you have a great blog by the way.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you sir, are a pack-rat.
The whole box could probably fall off the truck and never be missed.

I used to have a roomie that was the same way. It took me a while but eventually I was able to throw out most of his junk. Then he got married and she took care of the rest.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

This is totally a rip of my post today, which is a rip of someone's CraigsList post. In fact, I wonder if you even knew about CraigsList before today...

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'm the same way with boxes. I really need to start throwing some things out -- it's gotten to the point that I don't really remember why I'm keeping certain things (probably couldn't find anywhere else to put them).

And on a side note, I was reading the NYTimes online yesterday and saw an article about BTK, and immediately thought of you. I'm not sure you should regard that as a good thing.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Metallagher. that's hilarious. I'm imagining how a GWAR tribute band that features Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, and Boots the Monkey impersonators might be received by the American public.

I had my first love's mouth mold from his orthodontist until about two years ago. Note we were together when we were 15 and 16. I am now 29. Have been married for seven years. Just couldn't let go. It smelled like patchouli, but in a good way.

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Metallagher! That's so fucking rad--i wanna book them for my next bday party. Do you know if they bring their own watermelon?

9:01 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

I think it's really sweet that you want to hang on to those things! Shows you have some sensitivity which is nice in a guy I think. I tend to keep things too.
The metallagher thing just rocks. I would go to that show in a heart beat.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Pops said...

...and someday, Brent, you'll meet some lucky girl who will make your life complete. And once she finds out about that box, then she'll refuse to sleep with you until you burn all that shit.

2:21 PM  
Blogger STP said...

Did you lend that guy some of your own horizontal striped shirts?

8:31 PM  
Blogger BQ said...

you, james, and i all did some packing and moving this week. what's up with that?

11:25 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

I think it's sweet that you can't give up the stuff that ex-GF gave you...wondering what some of these items are.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, now that you're moved in, we need another post, stat!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home