Monday, June 20, 2005

There's a Villain in My Head and He's Telling Me to Do Shots

Well, this weekend was fairly uneventful with the exception of me feeling like poop the majority of the time. I was invited out Saturday night by Chang to go watch some import races at the track, but crapped out on him to sit in my hideously comfortable orange chair and watch Jackass the Movie and eat Cheez-Its. Today I feel much better with the exception of a killer sinus headache. It's throbbing and it feels like an aura is coming out of the Power-V. I did a google image search to see if I could find something to illustrate it, but all I've got is what looks to be Bill Cosby trying to levitate a Jello-Pudding snack with his mind. Whatever... it'll work for the time being.


In other news, the search for a new place is over. I found a nice two-bedroom townhome about 5 minutes from work, and dropped off my application today. It's also just down the street from the YMCA where I work out, so it's in a freakishly convenient location. Now for all the fun of packing up my piles of random junk for the move in July. I also heard a rumor that I might be in consideration for a promotion sometime soon. If so that would be quite kickass. If I can get off contractor status and be changed to salaryman status, I can:
  • Get better benefits
  • Have more money
  • Join the work ping-pong league
  • Have more money
Well, I should be off to audit some online training class (has to be done by Wednesday), so adios suckers.

**Random Unnecessary Update**
I just returned from the men's restroom and there were pubes all over the urinal. I didn't notice at first, and subsequently panicked for a moment. After checking my own though, I confirmed they weren't the right color or curl density to be mine. Still rather gross and unnerving though. Just thought I would share.

7 Comments:

Blogger -G.D. said...

Congratulations on the new place...right on.

You are the office ninja, don't you have any clues as to who could be the pube culprit?? Maybe they were getting ready for a date...doing a bit of trim work??

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost lost my Frosted Mini Wheats this morning reading about the pubes on the urinal. Actually, the word "urinal" by itself is usually enough to make me heave...yuck.

Anyway, the apartment thing is cool, and didn't make me want to vomit at all!

5:54 AM  
Blogger STP said...

Thanks for the update...my day is now complete! Good luck with the apartment...now you'll have no excuse to be late for work.

Oh, and thanks for the comp help...what music do you like? I'll send you some CDs.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That update was very necessary, as far as I'm concerned. And work ping pong league! That's worth moving up to drone II level, fo sho. Ooh, housewarming at Brent's! Better buy some more cheez-its!!

1:22 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Brent, if you think things are going too well for you, make sure to visit MPH's blog for it is sure to balance things out.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

It's kind of a scary thought that someone could have lost all their pubic hair at once. I wonder if it's a different kind of hereditary balding.

Sounds like you're going places! All this from the self-proclaimed "laziest guy at work."

5:04 PM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Quick question: Was your hideously comfortable chair orange before you started with the Cheez-Its?

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home